This module converts Microsoft Word documents to LaTeX, AMS-LaTeX, Plain TeX, or AMS-TeX format. Microsoft Equation 2007/2010, Microsoft Equation 3.x, and MathType are supported. Works with Microsoft Word XP/2003/2007/2010 and Microsoft Windows XP/2003/Vista/7.
Try also our online conversion service.
- Converting Microsoft Word documents to LaTeX, AMS-LaTeX, Plain TeX, or AMS-TeX format;
- Exporting equations (Microsoft Equation 2007/2010, Microsoft Equation 3.x, or MathType) in editable form;
- Exporting tables, lists, headers/footers, cross-references, etc.;
- Exporting images in PS/EPS format;
- Support for ANSI, OEM, MAC, Unicode, or UTF-8 encoding in LaTeX files;
- Converting a whole Microsoft Word document or a selected part;
- Support for batch processing;
- Multi-language interface;
- Microsoft Word 32-bit and 64-bit compatible.
- By default, Microsoft Equation and MathType are exported in editable form as LaTeX math expressions. It is also a possibility to obtain an image from equations (for example, in web publication).
- You can choose to convert any elements you want: equations, images, tables, paragraph/symbol formats, etc.
- Convert manual cross-referencing in your Word document to GrindEQ automatic cross-referencing. This will improve the quality of your Word document and the converted LaTeX document as well.
- Some of our customers report of successful launches under Linux+Wine, but GrindEQ does not provide technical support for Linux.
- Please see GrindEQ Word-to-LaTeX Help for more information.
Using GrindEQ menu
By using GrindEQ buttons you can convert a selected part of your document into the necessary format. Just select a part of your document you want to convert and press the appropriate GrindEQ button. Please read GrindEQ Help to learn more possibilities you can get with GrindEQ buttons.
Depending on your Microsoft Word Add-Ins and Macro settings, GrindEQ menu will appear in the Microsoft Word Ribbon (Word 2007):
... or in the Microsoft Word menu and toolbar (Word 97/2000/XP/2003):
Converting multiple documents
Open the documents you want to convert in Microsoft Word. Select GrindEQ converter in GrindEQ menu, then select Convert all opened documents. Please see GrindEQ Help for more information.
Download Example (example.zip, 38 KB)
Use Word-to-LaTeX 64-bit if and only if you have Microsoft Word 64-bit installed on your machine.
(GrindEQ_Word-to-LaTeX_2012.zip, 6.11 MB)
(GrindEQ_Word-to-LaTeX_2012_x64.zip, 5.95 MB)